Stockholm, Sweden – iZafe Group AB (publ) (NASDAQ First North: IZAFE B) – a leading Life Science company focused on the digitalisation of medication handling, is launching an updated version of the Dosell medication dispensing robot. Interest in Dosell continues to grow, and iZafe Group is working with its partners non-stop to upgrade Dosell with new features and achieve even stronger performance. iZafe Group has established an internal Customer Success team that is responsible for all communication with partners and customers. The goal is to identify preferences concerning the development of Dosell and the associated system at an early stage.
“We are receiving valuable ongoing feedback from pilot projects and our partners in the Nordic countries and Italy, which means we can prioritise the right issues to further improve Dosell. In the light of the feedback we have documented, the past six months have been a period of intense development and investments in products, technology and software. IZafe group is reinforcing its leading position in a powerfully growing market through ongoing investments in products and the market, combined with close cooperation with partners,” says Anders Segerström, CEO of iZafe Group.
The sale of the company’s security business, iZafe Security, created the necessary scope for continuous investments in product development and commercialisation of Dosell. The company has released numerous new features in pace with several public procurement processes and the launch of additional pilot projects. In parallel, the partner network has been expanded and international establishment is growing.
A selection of recently developed new or updated features:
- A new safety feature that provides the option to dispense dose-packed sachets using the “wait until button is pressed” has been launched.
- When it is time to dispense medication, the user must press the button to get the medicine. If they do not press the button within a predetermined time, the medication is locked inside Dosell.
- A demo mode has been developed and introduced to make it easier to present Dosell’s features and alarm handling at training sessions, for example.
- The option to dispense dose-packed sachets at non-scheduled times makes the system more flexible for users, so that Dosell adjusts to their daily routines and not the reverse.
- A feature for accessing information about when the next dose will be dispensed.
- Improved handling of minutes in OCR.
- The red LED light that shines in the dose compartment when the user has not removed the sachet in time goes out automatically when the sachet is removed. In the past, the user had to press a button to turn off the light.
- Validation of Finnish dose-packed sachets.
- The company has invested in and developed software and systems, including other functionalities to improve how Dosell communicates with the server, making easier to support and facilitate the work of partners.
- A feature to determine whether the placement of the dispensing robot should be changed to improve coverage.
- Medication dispensing robots with built-in rechargeable batteries and 48-hour battery backup will be launched early next year to further enhance safety.
- A simplified start-up process for new users to connect to Dosell will be launched in Q1 2021.