Stockholm, Sweden. iZafe Group AB (publ.) (NASDAQ First North: IZAFE B) – a leading life science company in the digitalization of medication management updates the market on the latest developments of the next generation of Dosell - Dosell 2.0 which contains several improvements and new features.
iZafe Group has together with partners developed an improved version of the pharmaceutical robot Dosell. Dosell 2.0 is the result of an ongoing work where iZafe Group, together with users, partners, and participants in pilot studies, exchanged experiences and documented data that provided important information for iZafe Group's ongoing development process. The gathered knowledge has formed a valuable base for future product and system development and by involving representatives from all stakeholder groups, we ensure that upgrades and improvements are customized. That is, iZafe Group shall prioritize functionality and product performance that is so close to the needs of users and customers that it guarantees that the product delivers value, safety, and health benefits.
“Our internal Customer Success group have been responsible for documenting the feedback we received from customers and partners with the aim of capturing early requests for the development of Dosell and the associated system. The feedback we regularly receive from ongoing pilot projects and from our partners, which is continuously born into our development processes, means that we make the right priorities and further improve Dosell with new functions to achieve enhanced performance. At the end of 2020, we received a total of 450 pre-orders of Dosell 2.0, which includes several improvements, including a new built-in and rechargeable battery with a battery life of over 48 hours and an improved app.” says Anders Segerström, CEO of iZafe Group.
iZafe Group attaches great importance to creating the best and most intuitive user experience in the market for pharmaceutical robots, and with the upcoming distribution of Dosell 2.0, the following features and operations have been further improved:
- We have replaced the alkaline batteries with built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that drastically extend the time that Dosell can operate without a power outlet connection.
- We launch a significantly improved alarm handling and a predefined alarm template.
- A safer and simpler process for loading a new sachet strip, which means shorter waiting time for the user.
- A simplified start-up process where Dosell more clearly indicates when the user can connect their smartphone to Dosell via Bluetooth.
- We have added a new, user-specific dosing window which means that the drug delivery becomes more flexible, giving the user increased freedom. Thus, there are more options for how doses should be dispensed, which can be controlled individually per Dosell to be adapted to the user's everyday life.
The past six months have been very development-intensive with investments in product, technology, and software. Major training efforts have been carried out with our partners who for two weeks have tested Dosell 2.0 with the help of a solid test schedule to evaluate all new functions, performance, and user experience. In addition, we have introduced new routines in the production process and updated our test and quality routines to ensure that Dosell 2.0 matches our high-quality standards.
“During the past six months, we have invested large resources, financially and with labor, to develop Dosell 2.0 based on our collaborations with partners and users. We are now in a final exciting phase which means that we are closing the window for further development of Dosell 2.0 and entering the production phase. It is estimated that the first units will be delivered to customers during week 20. Subsequent weeks, production will be scaled up to meet our customers' increased needs and to meet pre-orders that have already been made.” concludes Anders Segerström.